Monday, April 15, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Mini Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups




This cartoon was me last night, I needed a cookie, bad. I wanted a peanut butter oatmeal cookie and I wanted chocolate in there too.



This cookie satisfied all those needs! They were just what I needed!


What you need,

¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. salt (I used salted butter so I skipped the salt)
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ unsalted butter, softened (as usual I used salted butter and left out the salt above)
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup mini Reece’s peanut butter cups

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat mats and set aside.

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt (if you are using), baking powder and baking soda.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
Add in the peanut butter and beat until well incorporated. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.

Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low until well blended.
Stir in the oats with a spatula.
Then fold in the mini peanut butter cups.

Spoon the dough by the heaping tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 9-10 minutes until lightly browned around the edges but still soft.

Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.



These cookies are so freaking good. Soft and chewy, absolute perfection!


Jen





2 comments:

  1. I love peanut butter oatmeal cookies, especially when they are stuffed with pb cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous!!! I would probably eat the whole bowl of batter before making any cookies! Great photos, and love the cartoon!

    ReplyDelete