Saturday, October 12, 2013

Salted Peanut Bars



If you are anything like me you have already scarfed a couple bags of Halloween candy. I really wish they wouldn’t put that stuff out so early, I can’t help myself.
 

My in house taste tester really loves the little caramels. He bought a huge bag of them the other day so I stole a couple handfuls to make these insanely tasty bars!



These Salted Peanut Bars are amazing! They are the perfect mix of salty and sweet.

What you need,

2¼ cups roasted salted peanuts
50 caramel squares, unwrapped (14oz.)
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 tbsp. water
Non-stick cooking spray

Lightly coat and 8x8 inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and spray it again lightly with the non-stick spray.

Cover the bottom of the pan with 1¼ cups of the peanuts.

In a medium sized sauce pan combine 1 tablespoon of water the marshmallows and caramels. Over medium heat cook until the caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir often, it should take about 8 minutes.

Pour the mixture over the layer of peanuts; spread the caramel mixture all the way to the edge.
Sprinkle the remaining cup of peanuts over the top.

Cool until set, about 4 hours.  Cut into 16 small bars.
Store between parchment in an airtight container for up to a week.


These bars are ridiculous. Go buy a bag of caramels and whip up a batch, you won’t regret it.

I hope all my Canadian readers have a fabulous Thanksgiving! My Dad is here so we are making a Turkey tomorrow with all the trimmings‼ I can’t wait!

Jen

Recipe from Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment