Sunday, September 17, 2017

Nectarine Oatmeal Muffin


Wow, I have been a very bad blogger lately. But it was summer and I had sunshine to enjoy!


Today it is feeling very fall-esque! Which isn’t a bad thing, I am looking forward to warm sweaters and big bowls of soup!


For me Fall equals muffins, all kinds of muffins! I wanted to use up the last of the summer fruit, some juicy sweet nectarines and pair them with some warm fall spices, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.




What you need,
Click Here To Print


2 cups all purpose flour

¾ cup granulated sugar

½ tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking powder

½ tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

½ tsp. ground nutmeg

½ tsp. ground ginger

1 cup quick oats

3 nectarines peeled and diced pretty small

2 large eggs

1 cup milk (I used 1%)

1 tsp. vanilla extract

¼ cup vegetable oil

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners. (I got 20 muffins)

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and oats.

In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and vegetable oil. 

Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Then add the diced nectarine and fold to combine.


Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin papers. Sprinkle the tops with a little coarse sugar if you like, I did!

Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.


Let the muffins cool on a wire rack completely before packing them up.

I like to wrap the muffins individually in saran wrap then put them in a large zip top bag and stash them in the freezer for lunches or snacks later on!




These muffins are beyond amazing. Nice and moist with such great warm fall flavors.

Happy Fall everyone.



Enjoy!!



Jen


1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I will have to make these Monday morning - they look amazing!!
    I may have to add in raisins for Evie.
    Can't wait to try them :)!
    Thanks for another great idea ❤️

    ReplyDelete