Saturday, May 14, 2011

Watermelon Feta Salad

Summer means Watermelon! I love it, so cool and refreshing. I started making this salad a few summer's ago. When I first heard about it I thought it sounded a bit odd... watermelon, feta cheese, mint?? But I assure you it is AWESOME! This is by far my favorite summer salad. It goes with anything. It is sweet and salty and cool and fresh. I am drooling just thinking about it. It is super easy.

Cut up 4-5 cups of watermelon is cubes.
Toss on 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese.
Add on the 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint.
Sprinkle on some salt,
and some fresh cracked black pepper,
Drizzle with 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp. of balsamic vinegar.
Toss gently.
It is just that easy! It is best when fully chilled so I usually cut the watermelon up in advance and get it cold. Then you can assemble the salad right before serving.

I have made this salad twice this week.
You are gonna love it!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment