Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Berries with Mint and Lime on Greek Yogurt


I was looking for a snack the other day. I was staring into the fridge hoping that something would just appear. Then I remembered I had fresh strawberries and raspberries just waiting to be eaten.


I whipped up a healthy little parfait of marinated berries, Greek yogurt and toasted almonds.
It was delicious a perfect snack.


What you need,

1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup fresh raspberries
½ lime, juiced
2 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
1 tbsp. superfine sugar
2 tbsp. toasted almonds, or pistachios would be great too
Drizzle of honey (optional)
½ cup Greek yogurt

In a bowl mix together the fresh berries, lime juice, sugar and mint. Set aside for 15-20 minutes just to let the flavours come together.

In a serving bowl scoop the Greek yogurt, drizzle with a little honey. Spoon the berry mixture over the top. Sprinkle on the toasted almonds.


That is it, a perfectly healthy snack. I think you could use whatever berries you like, blueberries or blackberries would be great.

Happy snacking!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment