Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread



Ok people, I have a good one for you today!

I have seen a lot of variations of this cheesy garlic pull-apart bread all over the interwebs lately.
I was having some people over last weekend and decided to give it a try.

(Notice the hole right in the centre, someone grabbed a piece before I could get my camera, it is just that good!)
 
I took about 4 recipes and put them together to make this one.

It is AMAZING! I mean what is better than hot melty cheese with garlic on warm sour dough bread!

I am drooling just thinking about it!


What you need,

1 round loaf of sourdough bread
½ cup butter
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 green onions, finely chopped
¾ cup Monterey Jack Cheese, sliced about ¼ inch thick, I got about 10 slices
½ cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped

Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with a double layer of tin foil, make it big enough to wrap all the way around the bread loaf.

Cut the bread into a grid pattern, cut down but not all the way through about 1 inch apart, going in both directions to create squares of bread.

In a bowl combine the butter and the garlic and cook in the microwave for about 30 seconds until melted. Stir in the green onions.

Using a spoon, drizzle the butter mixture into the bread, gently separate the squares and drizzle in between each one.

Carefully slide the slices of Monterey jack cheese in between the bread squares you may need to break some of the slices in half to get them all to fit.
Tightly wrap the bread up in the tinfoil. Bake the bread in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.

Take the bread out of the oven and heat the broiler. Open the tin foil and sprinkle the cheddar cheese all over the bread. Put the bread under the broiler for 5 minutes until golden brown and melty.

Carefully transfer the bread to a plate and sprinkle with the parsley.

Serve right away.


I can’t tell you how good this bread is, I suggest you make is as soon as possible.

Mmmmm warm cheesy bread! SO GOOD!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Omg yum! Yes I have seen these all over the pintrest but this looks delish. Well really give me bread and cheese of any kind and I have no control. Haha I like the piece missing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish that missing piece was in my mouth lol...

      Delete
  2. OMG you found it!!!! You made it!!!! I am dying now.....gaaah - must. go. to. Safeway. now. I'm with you too Kate, bread & cheese, I'm in!!!! Must make this this weekend. Or tomorrow. I am drooling. Yay for you & your blog JennyB!!!! It has made me nice and chubby so as to survive this below 40 weather and more importantly it just makes me SO DARN HAPPY!!!!!! I bet that missing piece made someone VERY happy lol!!!! Hugs & many thanks for another recipe that is sure to become a family favorite <3

    ReplyDelete