Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cookie Butter Rice Krispies Squares



I know I should be eating celery and kale.
I know I should be running up the stairs or doing sit ups. 


Too bad all I can do is think about dessert. I think I need to detox.
A month of eating WAY too much sugar has taken its toll.


I don’t wanna give up sugar; the thought of it makes me cry.
So, to keep my mind off it, I made these Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Squares.

NICE…


What you need,
Click Here To Print

3 heaping tbsp. butter
1 bag marshmallows
½ cup cookie butter
1 tsp. vanilla
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 tbsp. cookie butter

In a large pot over medium heat melt the butter, cookie butter and marshmallows until smooth.

Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla then the Rice Krispies.
Stir to coat the cereal.
Press the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Let cool completely.

Melt 2 tablespoons of cookie butter in a microwave safe dish, about 20 seconds. Drizzle over the top of the cooled cake and let it set.

Cut into squares and stuff in your face.


So for now I am going to sit here and eat this pan of amazing treats while I figure out how I am going to give up sugar.

Good plan, right???

Jen

2 comments:

  1. seriously.

    I just went into a sugar coma looking at these.

    ps. THEY MAKE CRUNCHY COOKIE BUTTER NOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW!!! The crunchy is AH-MAZING! My prefered method of consumption is directly off the spoon!!

    ReplyDelete