Sunday, August 18, 2013

Zucchini Banana Coconut Bread



As usual I had a couple of RIPE bananas on my counter. I started the hunt for something different to make and when I stumbled onto this gem of recipe I was super excited.
 

The zucchini and coconut really give this bread some great texture.

I had some left over cream cheese icing in the fridge so I slathered some on the finished bread… AWESOME!



What you need,

¼ cup butter, melted
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1¾ cup grated zucchini, loosely packed
1 cup mashed banana
½ cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt, I used salted butter so I didn’t use the salt

Preheat oven to 325F, spray a loaf pan, or mini ones with cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine the melted butter, sugars, egg, yogurt, vanilla, and whisk to combine. Add the zucchini, bananas, coconut, and stir to incorporate.

Add the dry pudding mix, and stir to combine.

Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix or bread will be tough.

Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and bake for about 60 to 65 minutes for a full loaf pan between 40-45 minutes for mini tins, or until top is golden and set, and a wooden skewer comes out clean.

Allow bread to cool in the loaf pan for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.

Store the loaf in an airtight container for up to 4 days or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.



This just might be the best loaf I have ever had. Super moist and flavourful, I think the instant pudding really made this bread what it is!

LOVED it!

Jen

Recipe from All Recipes

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just chock full of yummy things! Love it! Now if only I could get pudding mix here!! (P.S. - I laughed out loud at your first photo, thinking that it was slathered with an extreme amount of butter!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope not butter just an excessive amount of cream cheese icing!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete