Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Summer Cocktail – Mai Tai’s and Chi Chi’s



So I totally flaked on last week’s Friday Cocktail. The week was crazy for some reason and Friday came and went and I totally forgot to make a drink…ooops!



So to make up for the missed cocktail I decided I would make 2 cocktails this week. These are 2 of my all time favourite cocktails!

I LOVE Maui! It is my most favorite place to go. I have been quite a few times, both my sister and my best friend got married there, it just feels good there.


I had both the Mai Tai and the Chi Chi for the first time while in Maui.
They are both tropical and delicious.


For the Mai Tai you need,
 
1 oz. dark rum
1 oz. light rum
1 oz. triple sec, or other orange flavoured liqueur
2 oz. orange juice
½ oz. lime juice
Dash of simple syrup
Ice

Combine all the ingredients into an old fashioned high ball glass over ice.  Stir to combine.
Garnish with a cherry and a slice of pineapple

For the Chi Chi you need,
1½ oz. vodka
2 oz. cream of coconut
2 oz. pineapple juice
1 cup ice

Combine all the ingredients into a blender, blend until all the ice is broken down and it is thick and frosty.
Garnish with a cherry and a slice of pineapple



There you have it, 2 more drinks that taste like summer!
I hope you have enjoyed this summer cocktail series as much as I have!

I can’t believe it will be September in a few days, time is flying by!
I will be going back to doing my usual Favourite Things starting next week!

I hope you all have a wonderful Labour Day Long Weekend!!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment