Saturday, May 23, 2015

4 Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies



So I was home by myself the other day, watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone for the 67th time when I had a mad craving for a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie.


I didn’t have any cookies on hand but I quickly remembered that I had pulled a recipe out of a recent Canadian Living Magazine for a small batch of Chocolate Chip cookies.

I dug through a huge pile of papers until I finally found it, then I immediately whipped up a batch.


Man, these cookies are perfect‼ Firstly they are so simple and fast, you can have cookies in less than 20 minutes!
They are so buttery and soft, chewy in the center with crispy edges and filled with melty chocolate… YUM!

What you need,

2 tbsp. butter (I used salted like I always do)
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
½ tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and beat well. Stir in the vanilla. 
Add the flour and baking soda and stir until well combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.

Divide the dough into 4 portions and roll gently into balls. Place them on the parchment paper and press lightly just to flatten a little bit.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges but the middle is still a bit soft looking.

Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the pan for 4-5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Eat 1 or all 4 at your leisure.


Now the best part of this cookie recipe is that it only makes 4 cookies, big cookies but still, only 4.

I don’t know about you, but if I make a batch of cookies I tend to eat that whole batch of cookies in fairly short order. Not such a good idea headed into bathing suit season.

But when you only have 4 cookies and you feel a little guilty knowing your in house taste tester is coming home soon and you know he too loves chocolate chip cookies, you only eat 2 of those perfect cookies. Your bathing suit will be happy about that!

I do fear that I may make these WAY too often, but at least I can justify it in my mind knowing it is only a couple of cookies, it can’t be that bad, right??

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe adapted slightly from Canadian Living Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment