Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Sangria



I can’t believe it is Christmas Eve Eve! 

I am just getting all my prep work done for Christmas Day, making my cranberry sauce, homemade buns, and Hawaiian salad.

My in house taste tester and I are going to my friend Tracy’s for Christmas Eve. She is having a gathering of sorts, full of appetizers, Christmas baking and cocktails!


I volunteered to bring some Christmas Sangria.
This is a great recipe, so easy and it tastes like the holidays!


What you need,

2 bottles of red wine, I used Zinfandel it is nice and fruity
6 oz. Cointreau or Triple Sec
2 tbsp. honey
3 cinnamon sticks
2 oranges or clementines, cut into small wedges
2 pears, chopped into small pieces
3 granny smith apples, chopped into small pieces
2 cups fresh cranberries

Pour the wine into a big pitcher, stir in the Cointreau and honey. Toss in the cinnamon sticks and fruit, stirring to combine.
Cover the container and put in the fridge for 24 hours.

Serve cold or at room temperature. 


It tastes lovely. A little bit spicy and a lot fruity.
A perfect holiday cocktail!

Enjoy!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Looks refreshing and festive! Love the mini poinsettia and penguin in the background! Merry Christmas! Wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete