Wednesday, December 3, 2014

“Fake Out” Red Lobster Biscuits


I miss Red Lobster… I loved going there when I lived in a town that had one. The main reason, their cheesy garlicky biscuits!  I could eat 10 of those things.


When I decided to make my Broccoli Cheese Soup I felt like making biscuits to go with it was the right thing to do. The lovely Brown Eyed Baker also had a recipe for biscuits on her site so I whipped them up!

Fanfriggintastic! Seriously, they are so close to the originals. Perfectly light and fluffy, crisp on the bottom, full of cheese and smothered in garlic, herb butter, HELLO‼


I halved her recipe because I didn’t think I needed a dozen biscuits. I should have made the whole batch, we ate all 6‼

What you need,

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup cold buttermilk
¼ cup butter, melted and cooled slightly

For the topping,
1 tbsp. butter, melted
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped

Heat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and give it a quick spray with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper until well combined. Toss the cheese to coat in the flour mixture.

In a 2 cup measuring cup stir together the buttermilk and melted butter. Stir until it forms clumps.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry the mixture just comes together.

Using a ¼ cup measure, drop the dough onto the prepared pan. I got exactly 6 biscuits!

Bake 10-12 minutes until the biscuits are brown and crisp on the bottom.

While the biscuits bake, stir together the topping ingredients. When the biscuits come out of the oven, brush them with the buttery topping.

Serve right away.


I really can’t say enough good things about these biscuits. I think they are my new go to recipe!

They went fabulously with the soup, and I am sure they would be great anytime!

Enjoy!


Jen



Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment