Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lemon Crinkle Cookies


I have an obsession with lemon desserts. I am likely to choose lemon over chocolate, unless it is peanut butter and choclate, that always wins! When I found this recipe I was excited to give it a try. 


My friend Brenda was in town when I made them, she loved them as much as I did; I think we ate almost the whole batch in one sitting!


What you need,

½ cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 tbsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat, or parchment paper.

In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla, egg, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until well incorporated, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.

In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

Gradually add the flour mixture into the stand mixer on low speed until blended.
Cover the dough with saran wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up the dough.

Put the powdered sugar into a shallow bowl.
Roll the dough into balls using a heaping teaspoon of dough. Roll the dough balls into the powdered sugar to coat. Place the balls onto the baking sheets.

Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.

Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.


These cookies are light and fluffy with lots of bright lemon flavour!
They taste like spring!


Jen


1 comment:

  1. Um, that is very kind of you to say "we", but I think I ate almost the whole batch myself! They are redonkulously good! I want 10 right now! Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete