Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cocoon Cookies



My sister Pam emailed me this recipe a little while ago.  


We used to eat these cookies at her friend Jamie’s house when we were young. I remember LOVING them!
I have no idea why they are called Cocoon Cookies?? If anyone knows, please share.



They are a big soft cakey chocolate cookie. An amazingly delicious big soft cakey chocolate cookie‼


What you need,

½ cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
¾ cup sour milk, or buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ cup cocoa powder

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with silpat mats, set aside.

In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and mix until well combined. Stir in the vanilla.

In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.

Add half the milk to the butter mixture and stir to combine, then add half the flour mixture and stir to incorporate. Repeat with the remaining milk and flour mixture, mix until smooth.

Let the batter sit for 5 minutes until it stiffens up a bit.

Use a large ice cream scoop to place about 2 tablespoons of the dough onto the pan. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart, they will spread out a little.

You should get 12 large cookies.

Bake for 8-10 minutes until set around the edges. The centres of the cookies will still be a bit wet looking. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them stand on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.



These cookies are just as I remember them.
I am so glad Pam found this recipe and sent it to me, had almost totally forgotten about them. These old recipes really never go out of style.

Jen

Recipe from my Mom’s old recipe box.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! Yay! You made them and they look exactly like I remember!! Cannot wait to whip some up! Tomorrow, I will make them tomorrow!! They look delicious! Can't wait to stuff a few in my mouth, lol. Love you and love the blog!! Thanks JB :)!!

    ReplyDelete