Friday, June 6, 2014

Favourite Things Friday Vol 77 - Summer Cocktails

Fridays + Warm Days = Summer Cocktails!

Here are a few of my all time favourites.

First up is the Mojito. The combination of rum, fresh mint and lime is the perfect way to cool off after a long hot week!


If you want to change it up a little bit try a Cherry Mojito or a Strawberry Rhubarb Mojito or a Watermelon Mojito. The possibilities are endless!

I am also a huge fan of a Classic Margarita. I love the tangy lime with the bite of the tequila and always salt the rim, ALWAYS!


Another classic is the Caesar. It is cold and spicy, a perfect drink for a backyard barbeque.


Last year I found an old recipe written by my Grandma Clarke for a Rhubarb Drink. It made a batch and just loved it! It is refreshing and different give it a try.


If you are looking for something a little less boozy try this homemade Lemonade. It is tart and sweet and the absolute best I have ever had.


(a little splash of vodka never hurt this one either)

So grab yourself a glass and make a tasty summer drink. Have a great weekend everyone!



Jen


1 comment:

  1. I miss summer cocktails on the roof with you!

    ReplyDelete