Tuesday, July 1, 2014

2 Ingredient Banana Ice Cream



I know that this recipe has been floating around FOREVER‼ But I finally decided that if I didn’t do something with all of the frozen bananas in my freezer they were going to start collaborating to take over my kitchen!


I was skeptical about ice cream that was just frozen bananas, would the texture be right, would it have any flavor besides banana??
I decided to toss in a couple of tablespoons of my new favorite find, powdered chocolate peanut butter.


I am here to tell ya, this 2 ingredient ice cream is AWESOME‼
Great texture, great flavor, super easy. If you are scrambling for a Canada Day dessert, pull out those frozen bananas I know you all have hiding in the back of your freezer and whip up a batch, you will love it!

What you need,

4 large frozen bananas (peel your bananas before you freeze them, it will make your life a LOT easier!)
2 tbsp. powdered chocolate peanut butter
(you could just use cocoa powder or plain powdered peanut butter)

Add the frozen bananas to your food processor. Pulse until you get a thick creamy mixture. It will look a little grainy at first but keep going, it will be perfect. Once you get the texture you want, add the powdered peanut butter and pulse to combine.

You can eat it right away or scoop it into an airtight container and keep in the freezer until you are ready to eat it!


This really is a perfect summer treat. I love how it is super healthy it is! So if you haven’t, give it a try.

Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends. I hope you are all eating burgers and hot dogs, drinking margaritas and watching some fireworks, I know I will be!

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment