Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Popcorn 2 Ways, Spicy for Him and Sweet for Her



My in house taste tester and I love popcorn! I have posted about my favorite popcorn before. I usually just go with traditional butter and salt, and he goes with white cheddar seasoning.


I decided the other day to change it up! He loves all things spicy and I love all things sweet so I whipped up a batch of popcorn and seasoned it up for us.

What you need,

For the Spicy Popcorn,


3-4 cups popped popcorn
1 tbsp. salted butter
1-2 tsp. sriracha sauce (add as much as you like)

In a small bowl combine the butter and sriracha.  Melt in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until combined. Drizzle over popcorn and toss to coat.

For the Sweet Popcorn,


3-4 cups popped popcorn
1 tbsp. salted butter, melted
1 tbsp. powdered chocolate peanut butter

Drizzle the butter over the popcorn and toss to coat. Shake on the powdered chocolate peanut butter and toss again.


There you have it a perfect popcorn duo! I tried the spicy popcorn too and it was delish! The sriracha really has a nice flavor as well as being spicy.

The powdered chocolate peanut butter was amazing on popcorn; I wish I would have had a few mini peanut butter cups to toss in too! I just love the sweet salty combo!


Enjoy!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment