Sunday, July 5, 2015

Green Popsicles (aka Lime Popsicles)


In the summer time my sisters and I used to walk to the 7-11 that was close to our house. It was always a treat to go pick out some 5 cent candy or a chocolate bar or my favourite, a Popsicle!

I always dug through the Popsicle Pete box until I spotted my favourite, the GREEN POPSICLE! I get that they are really lime Popsicles but they were just green to me.


It has been smoking hot here in my part of the world lately. I am not going to complain, summer is so short here that I will take all the hot I can get.  To help stave off some of the heat I decided to make some Popsicles.


These Green/Lime Popsicles are the BEST! I used my mom’s old school Kool-Aid & Jell-O recipe. I made these Cherry Popsicles last year and we mowed through them in no time so I knew this lime version would be a winner!

What you need,

1 packet of lime Kool-Aid, the unsweetened stuff
1 box (3oz.) lime Jell-O
½ cup sugar
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water

In a large bowl mix together the Kool-Aid, Jell-O and sugar.
Pour the boiling water over the mixture and stir until everything has dissolved.
Pour in the cold water and stir to combine.

Pour the mixture into your preferred Popsicle mold and freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.


Enjoy one of these lovey cool treats this summer. It will cool you off and make you very happy!

Enjoy!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment