Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pumpkin Toffee Chocolate Chip Muffins



I know I have said it before and I will say it again, I LOVE PUMPKIN! I am always so excited for fall so I can start baking with it again. It makes everything so moist and delicious.

These muffins are seriously to die for. They are almost a cupcake really. WE LOVED THEM!!


The topping pushes these muffins over the top, it is crunchy and sweet and amazing.

I suggest you make these as soon as you possibly can.

What you need,

1½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup toffee bits
½ cup mini chocolate chips

For the topping,
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
¼ cup toffee bits
¼ cup mini chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.

In a bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.  In a separate bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
Gently stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
Fold in the toffee bits and chocolate chips.

Divide the batter into the prepared muffins cups.

In a small bowl make the topping by combining the flour, brown sugar and butter; use a fork or your fingers to work the butter in until it resembles coarse crumbs.  Stir in the toffee and chocolate chips.

Spoon the topping onto the top of each muffin.

Bake the muffins for 18-22 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.

Keep the muffins in an airtight container for up to 2 days. These muffins do freeze really well, so if you aren’t going to eat them all right away toss a few in the freezer for later.


I really can’t say enough good things about these muffins. My in house taste tester ate one then immediately said you could totally sell these for like $6 each!
I thought that was a pretty good compliment.

I hope you like them as much as I did!

Enjoy!

Jen

Another great recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment