Sunday, November 29, 2015

Christmas Recipes from Years Gone By…



How in the world can it be less than a month until Christmas?? HOW??
Seriously this year has flown by…

I sat down today to decide what to make for Christmas Baking this year and man, I am having a hard time choosing…

Here are a few of my all-time favorites, not all of them will make it on the list this year because well I would like my pants to fit in January!

I always, always, always have to make at least 3 dozen Butter Tarts. They are our absolute favourite!


I always make at least one cookie, but which one??
Ginger Krinkles are always a winner!


But then I could always do Sugar Cookies, or Whipped Shortbread or 
Cranberry Pistachio Cookies??? How do I decide!

I always make some kind of square, last year I made these amazing 


Other great recipes from previous years are Butterscotch Marshmallow Squares, Hello Dollies, OACB’s and Sugar Cookie Bars! I love them all!

I always make a batch or 2 of Puppy Chow, it is MY must have. I love this stuff!


Almond Bark is always tasty, so are Peanut Butter Balls, and Mini Cheesecakes!

This Gingerbread Cake with Warm Lemon Sauce would be great for a family dinner! So delicious.


And it wouldn’t be Christmas without my perfect holiday beverage,


This Holiday Sangria is pretty darned good, and if you want something different this Egg Nog Banana Smoothie is to die for!

I thought making this list would make it easier to decide what to make but I think it has only made it harder‼
Oh well, I am sure I will figure it out!

What are you all making for the holidays?? Any must have family favorites?
I am always looking for a new recipe to add to the repertoire so throw out your ideas!

I can’t wait to get in the kitchen and start baking!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment