Sunday, June 5, 2016

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies


Now I know that a lot of people make these classic Chocolate Crinkle Cookies at Christmas time… but I had never made them before. I decided to whip up a batch so I could take some with me when I went to visit my sister and her family.


I always take cookies or something when I go to visit and I always try to take something different. These cookies were a big winner!


They are so chocolatey, but not super sweet… I love how chewy and gooey they are. They are the absolute best as soon as they are cool enough to eat, so melty and awesome.
But they are still great after a day or two and they freeze really well.


What you need,

1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup icing sugar

Into a large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment beat the sugar and vegetable oil together until combined. Add the eggs one at a time until the mixture gets light in color and fluffy.
With the mixture on low, add the dry ingredients a little at a time until totally incorporated.  Add the chocolate chips and mix just until combined.

Cover the dough with plastic wrap and stash in the fridge for at least 2 hours up to 24 hours.

When you are ready to bake the cookies, heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line your baking sheet with parchment or a silpat mat.

Scoop the dough by the heaping tablespoon and roll into a ball. Roll each ball in the icing sugar to coat well.

Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes until the cookies edges are crisp and the center is just set.

Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Eat as many as you can right away… then put the rest into an airtight container for eat over the next couple days, or stash them in the freezer for a delicious snack later!


I think I might have to make these at Christmas time if I can wait that long‼
If you need a major chocolate fix these cookies are just the thing.

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe from Gimme Some Oven

No comments:

Post a Comment