Saturday, February 24, 2018

Tortellini Alfredo with Spinach & Sundried Tomatoes

I swear I should have been born Italian… I just can’t get enough pasta. I try to eat other things, I really do, but I always come back to pasta.


My favorites always end up being simple with 4 or 5 ingredients and they always come together super fast. 



This Tortellini Alfredo with Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes fits the bill. It took less than 15 minutes and it is beyond delicious.

I love the salty sundried tomatoes with the creamy sauce… So very good.





What you need,

1 lb. fresh cheese tortellini

1 tbsp. butter

1 small clove garlic, minced

2 tbsp. flour

1 ¼ cup heavy cream

½ tsp. salt

½ tsp. black pepper

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese + more for serving

5 oz. baby spinach, thinly sliced

7oz jar of sundried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced

½ - ¾ cup of the pasta cooking water

In a large pot of boiling water cook the tortellini according to package directions. When you drain the pasta be sure to reserve about a cup of the cooking water.

In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.

Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.

Whisk in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Let the mixture simmer for a minute or 2 until it starts to thicken.

Stir in the Parmesan cheese.

If the sauce looks a little too thick, whisk in some of the reserved pasta water. I probably ended up using just over half a cup. I like my sauce on the thinner side, but if you like it thicker that is ok too.

Add in the spinach and sundried tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.

Serve right away with a little added Parmesan cheese.





This pasta was beyond delish! I ate it for supper and then had 2 lunches for the week.  It warmed over well, which isn't always the case with creamy pasta.

I will be making this again for sure. A little cooked chicken in there would be good too, if you like that sort of thing…



Enjoy!



Jen



Recipe from the amazing Brown Eyed Baker


No comments:

Post a Comment