Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Baked Eggs with Kale and Tomatoes



I decided I should try to make something sort of healthy to start off my last day of holidays.

I had a big bunch of kale in the fridge and figured I could toss that with some tomatoes and eggs and I would be all set.


It turned out AH-MAZING!! It has so much flavor, the kale gets a bit crispy from baking in the oven. The garlic and tomatoes are to die for.

I wish it was Saturday all the time so I could eat this every day, it is so much better than a boring old bowl of cheerios!


What you need,

2 eggs
4 cups kale, washed and dried and cut into bite sized pieces
¾ cup tiny tomatoes, I used grape but any variety would be good
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
¼ tsp. hot pepper flakes
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat the oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium sized oven safe skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
Toss in the garlic and hot pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute or so until just fragrant.

Add in the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until just starting to soften.
Add the chopped kale to the pan and toss around for a minute or two until it just starts to wilt.

Crack the eggs on top of the kale/tomato mixture. Season it well with salt and pepper and sprinkle on the cheese.

Put the pan in the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on how you like you eggs. I like mine a little runny it took about 9 minutes.

Serve with some buttered toast.



I beg of you to let it cool for a minute or two before digging in, I stuffed a hot tomato into my mouth cause I live on the edge, and I burnt the roof of my mouth so gosh darn bad! Man it hurt!

Regardless of the burnt mouth this was a perfect breakfast.
I LOVED it!

I can’t wait until the weekend so I can make it again.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...this one looks good!!! I think finally am willing to try kale!!! I know it's good...I've just never attempted to cook with it myself, but this recipe makes it look so yummy and it could not be easier to make!!! Whoop! I like my eggs like you, a little bit soft yolked so I can cut my toast into ''fingers'' and dip 'em in the eggs!! Yay! Can't wait to try it!! Thanks for another great creation :)

    ReplyDelete