Monday, May 27, 2013

Chicken Caesar Sandwiches



My friend Carole was telling me about this amazing dinner she made the other day, Chicken Caesar Sandwiches, I knew I needed to make it ASAP. She brought me the recipe and I whipped it up.



It is simple and quick and it tastes amazing!

What you need,

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked, cooled and chopped
½ lb. bacon, cooked until crisp
1 cup tiny tomatoes, halved or 2 whole tomatoes, diced
4 cups romaine lettuce leaves
4 soft dinner rolls or French bread

For the dressing;
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1tbsp. anchovy paste
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp. mayo
3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large bowl toss together the diced chicken, chopped tomatoes and cooked and crumbled bacon.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the garlic, red wine vinegar, anchovy paste, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking the whole time.

Stir in the mayo, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne until well blended.

Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.

Pour the dressing over the chicken and toss well to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
To serve, pile some romaine lettuce onto the bun and top with the cold chicken mixture.




The dressing for these sandwiches is so good, might be the best Caesar dressing I have ever had, I think it is going to be my new go to recipe.

So simple and yet so delicious.
A perfect dinner for a hot summer day!

Jen

Recipe from Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment