Monday, May 13, 2013

Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken



I have had this recipe pinned forever.



I finally got around to making it this weekend, now I wish I would have made it sooner. It tastes amazing!



What you need, 

2-3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup honey
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup ketchup
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
½ finely diced onion
3 large garlic cloves, minced
4 tbsp. corn starch, mixed with 6 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Chopped green onion, for garnish

Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, red pepper flakes, onion and garlic in your slow cooker.

Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and trim any excess fat.
Season both sides well with freshly ground black pepper.

Place the chicken in the slow cooker and coat well with the sauce.
Cook on low for 3 ½ to 4 hours.

Once the chicken is cooked, remove to a plate from the sauce using a pair of tongs.

Stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and whisk well to combine.
Put the lid back on and let it thicken for about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile use 2 forks to shred the chicken into bite sized pieces.
Toss the chicken back into the sauce and stir to combine.

You can serve right away or turn your slow cooker to keep warm until you are ready to eat.

Serve over rice with the toasted sesame seeds and green onion.



The chicken stayed moist and tender, the sauce is sweet and spicy.
It was really delicious!

I am so glad I finally made it; I know I will be making it again soon!

Jen

Recipe from adapted from Eat Good 4 Life

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I wonder if Mike will even like it, despite the whole honey sweetness thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this last night. Four thumbs up -- two from me and two from Mike, despite the honey in it!! Really yummy.

    ReplyDelete