Sunday, December 22, 2013

Nuts and Bolts



If you have friends or family coming over for Christmas, or even if you don’t I suggest you whip up a batch of these classic nuts and bolts.
We used to have them around the holidays often when we were kids.



My sister made a batch the other day and sent me a picture of them, so I immediately had to go buy the stuff to make a batch!



They are totally addictive!



What you need,

4 cups Shreddies cereal
4 cups Cheerios cereal (I used multigrain)
4 cups pretzels (I used rolled gold sticks)
2 cups mixed nuts (I used peanuts and cashews)
1 180g bag of cheese flavoured gold fish crackers
1 cup butter, melted
1 ½ tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. seasoning salt
½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp. sriracha sauce (or you could use Tabasco, to taste)

In a very large bowl, I actually used my turkey roasting pan, combine the Shreddies, Cheerios, pretzels, nuts and gold fish crackers.
Melt the butter; I did mine in the microwave. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder, seasoning salt, pepper and hot sauce.

Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss really well to coat.

Divide the mixture between 2 large baking sheets and cook in the oven at 300 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until brown and crisp.

I suggest stirring the mixture around on the pans every 10 minutes, then rotating the pans every 20. That way everything cooks up evenly.

Store in an airtight container for a week, if it lasts that long!


This classic snack is so awesome! It looks like a lot at first but once you make your guests one of these Cranberry Sparklers and they get snacking, it will disappear in no time!

Enjoy!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment