Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cuban Sandwich



So I promised you a fantastic left over pork tenderloin recipe and here it is, a Cuban Sandwich! I am here to tell you that this is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had!


I have always wanted to try one and when I had some left over pork tenderloin I knew exactly what I was going to be having for lunch the next day.


The sandwich is simple but it has so many flavors and textures it was awesome.

What you need,

2 slices of rye bread, or if you can find a Cuban loaf use it!
3-4 slices of left over grilled pork tenderloin
1 tbsp. butter, softened
2 slices of deli ham
2 slices of Swiss cheese
1 large dill pickle, sliced lengthwise
2 tsp. yellow mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat a frying pan over medium heat. On one slice of the bread layer on a slice of Swiss cheese, the ham, the pork the pickle and a second slice of Swiss cheese. Spread the mustard on the second slice of bread and place it on top.
Butter the outside of the bread like you would for a grilled cheese and cook on both sides until golden brown and crisp.


This sandwich is to die for! I am so glad I finally got to try one. I will be making grilled pork tenderloin again soon, just so I can have one of these amazing sandwiches‼

Enjoy!

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment