Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken



I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken.  I think half the recipes I pin on Pinterest are chicken ones.
This creamy honey mustard chicken is a really great one! 


It is such a simple and quick recipe, great for a weeknight!

What you need,

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Butter
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
3/4 cup White Wine
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. Grainy Mustard
3 Tbsp. Honey
½ cup Heavy Cream
½ cup Chicken Broth
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 tsp. cornstarch + 1 tbsp. water

Heat a large skillet on medium high and add the butter and oil until butter has melted.

Cut the chicken lengthwise so they are thin cutlets. Pat each cutlet dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken into the skillet and brown on each side, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.

Reduce the heat to medium and sauté the garlic for 1 minute until fragrant.  Add the white wine and continue to cook until reduced by half.
Add both mustards and stir to combine. Then add in the heavy cream, chicken broth and honey. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk well to combine.
In a small bowl stir the cornstarch and water together, add the mixture. Whisk until the sauce gets thick, about 2 minutes.

Add the chicken back to the sauce and allow the chicken to cook in the sauce for 4-5 minutes until it is cooked through.

Serve the chicken and sauce over a bed of rice with a lovely side of crispy broccoli.


I loved this dinner! I am a fool for honey mustard so this was a real winner for me.  The sauce is subtle but flavorful and it goes great with the rice.

Definitely a keeper!

Enjoy!


Jen



Recipe slightly adapted from The Recipe Critic

2 comments:

  1. Looks creamy and yummy! Sadly I will have to save this to try on a night that I'm dining by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally made this last night, and it was super yummy! Lots of creamy sauce. I served it over quinoa, which was pretty good, but I bet rice would be better at soaking up all of that creamy goodness. Yum!

    ReplyDelete