Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Linguine Carbonara


I have been wanting to make Carbonara for awhile now. I had to sift through a bazillion recipes before I found one that felt basic and authentic. Some of the recipes I found had a lot of ingredients and my understanding of Carbonara is that simple and only has a few things in it.

 
This recipe turned out amazing! It is simple but the flavour is complex and rich. It was exactly what I was hoping for.

Here is what you need,


1 lb of linguine noodles, or spaghetti
8 slices of thick cut bacon, sliced crosswise into 2 inch thick strips
3 large eggs
¾ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
½ cup half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8-12 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.

Meanwhile in a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions, until al dente.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half and Parmesan cheese, set aside.

When the pasta is done cooking drain, leaving some water clinging to it, working quickly, add hot pasta to egg mixture and toss well until a thick sauce covers all the noodles. Add in the bacon and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the fresh chopped parsley.
Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese.


I am so happy I finally made this pasta. It was perfectly creamy! The crisp bacon pieces were delish! You just can’t go wrong with bacon!
All you need are a few simple ingredients and 15 minutes and you have a wonderful dinner!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. oh this looks so good. Carbonara always comes up but I end up making something else, I might not be able to pass it up this time....

    ReplyDelete