Friday, June 10, 2011

Raspberry Buckle


Raspberries are my favourite berry. They are just so perfect.  I love to just eat them fresh but baking with fresh berries is so amazing. 


Especially this dessert, it just looks so pretty with fresh berries.
It would work with any fruit, strawberries, blueberries, even peaches or nectarines.
I had a few blackberries so a tossed a couple in for eye appeal.

What you need,


½ cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
½ tsp salt, I used salted butter so I omitted the salt,
½ tsp baking powder
About 2 ½ cups of fresh raspberries

Confectioners sugar for dusting, optional
Whipped cream or ice cream for serving, also optional

Preheat oven to 350.  Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Gradually add dry mix to wet and gently stir until just incorporated.
Spread the batter in the baking dish. Scatter the berries on top.


Doesn't it look pretty!
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Dust with the confectioner’s sugar.


Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.


I am dying to try it with blueberries... I think it will be awesome!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo of the raspberries at the top! Yay new camera lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I have so many berries in the fridge too! I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for my raspberries to be ready so I can try this one out!! Usually by the end of June mine are ready but we don't have much sun these days, maybe July, or maybe I'll just buy the damn things cause this looks to die for!!

    ReplyDelete