Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cranberry Apple Muffins

I used to really dislike fall. I know horrible right! But you see I HATE winter… hate it. I hated the cold and snow in Regina and now I hate the dark and rain in Vancouver. Sigh…  Anyway, I have learned to really appreciate fall, for 1 reason. The food!


There is something comforting about the tastes and smells of fall food. So many warm soups, stews and breads, fresh pumpkins, squash, and apples. yum!

These tasty little muffins taste like fall. Cranberry Apple, with a touch of cinnamon.
Here is what you need,

½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup plain yogurt, I used Greek cause I love it!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup shredded apple, I used 2 smallish apples
1 cup dried cranberries

Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together, add in the eggs, vanilla and yogurt mix well. Add in the flour, baking powder and soda and the cinnamon. Mix until just incorporated. Fold in the grated apple and cranberries.

Fill the muffin cups, using a large ice cream scoop. You get nice perfect sized muffins that way!

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.

This made 2 dozen muffins.

Just to add a little extra punch of fall to these muffins I made a super tasty honey butter to slather on them.


In a small bowl coming ¾ cups of softened butter with ¼ cup of honey, stir until well combined. Taste it, you can add a little more honey if you want to. Depends on how sweet you like it.

You can keep it in the fridge for a week.

So take one of those warm muffins and slather on some of that honey butter and tell me that it doesn’t taste like fall!

So so good!
Jen

Recipe adapted from Miss in the kitchen

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious and I LOVE that plate. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome plate! Interesting about the honey butter!

    ReplyDelete