Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mincemeat Tarts


I have no favourite thing this Friday, I had an issue with my kitchen cupboards this week. They fell off the wall. It was not good. They FINALLY got fixed today so I spent all evening putting things back where they belong. It is nice to have my kitchen back to normal! So instead of a favourite thing today I am going to share another Christmas treat! You can never have too many treats!

I remember mincemeat tarts always being one of my dad’s favourite Christmas treats. Now they are one of my sweet’s favourites too!



I totally cheat, I use store bought tart shells and store bought mincemeat. I do kick up the filling a little!!

Here is what you need,


1 apple, peeled and grated
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 jar of mincemeat
12 tart shells

Heat your oven to 425 degrees. Place your tart shells on a baking sheet.
Empty the jar of mincemeat into a large bowl, mix in the extra cinnamon and the grated apple.
Fill the tart shells with the filling. I topped mine with little pie crust cut outs.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until the shells are browned.



They are lovely served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. I'm assuming you would sprinkle confectioner sugar on after tarts are cooled...right???

    ReplyDelete