Monday, March 12, 2012

Tropical Green Smoothie


I have been dying to try one of these green smoothies forever. I bought a fresh pineapple the other day and thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try one out.


I can’t believe how tasty it was! I had it for lunch, and it filled me right up!

What you need,

1 medium banana
½ cup chopped fresh pineapple
1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp. shredded coconut, I used sweetened
1 tbsp. agave syrup, or more to taste
1 cup milk, I used 1%
1 cup ice


Pour the milk into a blender, top with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Adjust the sweetness as needed.

I think that Greek yogurt would be a great substitute for the milk, I didn’t have any, but I want to try it next time.


This is a great way to get your greens; you don’t taste the spinach at all.
I think strawberry banana would be awesome, or even mixed berries.

I am going to try to have 1 green smoothie a week. They are healthy and tasty and easy!

Don’t be afraid! Spinach is your friend.


Jen


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, we love green smoothies! This is a great combination.

    ReplyDelete