Sunday, June 10, 2012

Crispy Tilapia with Fresh Creamed Corn


The corn at the grocery store looked so good the other day I just had to buy some. It seems a bit early in the year for good corn but this stuff was super sweet and tender.


When I saw this recipe I knew I would be using my lovely fresh corn to make it ASAP! Both my in house taste tester and I LOVE creamed corn.

What you need,

4 tilapia fillets
6 tbsp. grainy mustard
1 cup breadcrumbs, I used panko
4 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 6-8 ears)
4 tbsp. butter
½ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Salt and Pepper

Dry the fish fillets with a paper towel. Season them with salt and pepper on both sides and put them on a large plate.
Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of grainy mustard onto one side of each fillet; sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top, pressing to adhere. Refrigerate while you make the creamed corn.

In a food processor, puree 3 cups of the corn kernels. Transfer them into a saucepan and stir in the remaining 1 cup of kernels. Add in the butter and cook over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Carefully stir in the cream and cook for another 5 or so minutes until hot and thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.

In a large non-stick skillet heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add the fish fillets crumb side down; reduce heat to medium and cook, turning once, until golden and crisp, about 8-10 minutes.

Serve the crispy fish on a bed of the warm creamed corn.

I made a really simple cucumber salad to go with, it was the perfect side. I will share the recipe tomorrow!


The corn was delish, so creamy and sweet. Dave said the texture was a little different than our usual canned stuff, but that is what I liked most about it. It has a bit more crunch to it!

As for the fish, you can’t go wrong with crisp fish! It was perfect; the mustard gave it just the right amount of flavor.
Definitely a meal easy and quick enough to make on a weeknight!

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe from Rachel Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment