Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies



It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. Tonight is the big Turkey dinner with all the fixings. I can't wait!

I hope you guys aren’t sick of pumpkin yet? I keep finding all these amazing recipes with pumpkin that I just have to make!


I love pumpkin so it isn’t a problem for me!

These brownies are light and cakey and awesome!


What you need,

½ cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cocoa powder
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground all-spice
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray an 8x10 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, egg, egg whites and oil, blend until smooth.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, all-spice, nutmeg, and salt.

Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.

Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool completely before cutting.


These pumpkin brownies are perfect.  Really they seem pretty healthy, only 1 tablespoon of oil!
I say go ahead and eat 1 or 3, they are so good you are going to want to!

I hope all my Canadian friends and family are having an amazing Thanksgiving!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment