Monday, October 1, 2012

Mini Meatloaves



My in house taster’s favourite meal is meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
I always end up making it on weekends because it takes so long to cook it. 
I took some ground beef out of the freezer the other night for dinner, I had no idea what to do with it.


Then it hit me, I could make meatloaf a lot faster if I just made it smaller.
So, I baked it in a muffin tin.
It worked perfectly; I got 10 perfect mini meatloaves, in less than 45 minutes.


What you need,

1 lb. ground beef
1 package stove top stuffing
1 cup water
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup grated cheddar cheese.

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin liberally with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl combine the ground beef, stove top stuffing and water.
Scoop the meat mixture with a large ice cream scoop into the prepared muffin tin.
With the back of a spoon, press down in the middle of the meatloaf to make and indent. Put about a teaspoon of ketchup on the top of each meatloaf and spread around. Sprinkle with a little grated cheese.

Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
Serve with creamy buttermilk mashed potatoes and your favourite veggie.

Now, you could make your own meatloaf with your own spices etc. but since I was trying to make this a “quick” meal I used the stove top stuffing, it is the perfect mix of breadcrumbs and seasonings.


They tasted great, I loved that they were crispy all the way around, crispy edges are the best part!
I am so happy that I figured out a way that we can have Dave’s favourite meal on a weeknight. I am sure he is happy too!

Enjoy!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment