Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mini Apple Pies



My friend Niki recently visited her parents in Osoyoos, and she brought me a bunch of apples from a tree in their yard, which was very nice of her!


I decided to use a couple of them to make these mini apple pies.
My in house taste tester loves anything with apples and cinnamon so I knew they would be a hit!


What you need,

2-3 apples, diced into small pieces
2 tbsp. granulated sugar + more for topping
1 heaping tsp. of cinnamon
1 tbsp. butter, cold and diced into small pieces
12 tart shells, I bought mine
2 tbsp. heavy cream

Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Place your tart shells on a baking sheet.

In a bowl combine the chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon and cold butter. Fill the tart shells up to the top. I got 10; I used the 2 extra shells to make little cut outs for the tops of the pies. Just gently roll out the thawed tart shell and use a mini cutter to cut leaves or whatever you like.

Place the pastry tops on the pies and brush with a little cream and sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.


There you have it, mini apple pies. Serve as is, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! To die for!

Thanks for the apples Niki.


Jen





4 comments:

  1. YUMM! Serioulsy I have had apples from Corrina for a week now and every day I have thought about making mini apple pies, like the starbucks kind. Yum now I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "pie"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Jen they look so cute like that! I am glad you got to enjoy the apples :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these the mini shells or the ones that fit in a muffin tin?

    ReplyDelete