Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Orange Balsamic Glazed Salmon


Ever since my Dad filled my freezer with fresh salmon, I have been scouring the Internet for new recipes.

I have found so many tasty looking ideas, I am glad I have a lot of fish to work with.


This recipe caught my eye right away, I love balsamic vinegar, and you can’t go wrong with oranges!



What you need,

For the glaze,

1 8-10oz. salmon fillet
1 tsp. grated orange peel
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. honey
¼ tsp. salt

For the dipping sauce,

3 tbsp. orange juice
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. honey
Salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl whisk together the orange peel, balsamic vinegar, honey and salt.

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Place the salmon skin side down on the parchment paper. Pat the salmon fillet dry with a paper towel and season well with salt and pepper.  Brush the glaze mixture all over the salmon.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through

Meanwhile make the dipping sauce by whisking together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey and salt and pepper.  It is a very thin sauce but very tasty.

Serve the salmon with the dipping sauce.


This salmon had tons of fresh bright flavour. It was really good, and very easy. We really enjoyed it!

Jen

Recipe adapted from Key Ingredient



No comments:

Post a Comment