Friday, September 19, 2014

Favourite Things Friday Vol 84 – Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice



I started making my own pumpkin pie spice years ago. I have tweaked my recipe a few times to get the perfect mix. I like lots of cinnamon so mine is cinnamon heavy but all the other flavors still come through perfectly!





If you are looking for some recipes to try out this tasty spice mix might I suggest Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, or how about Pumpkin Muffins or the more decadent Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins? This Pumpkin French Toast is heavenly and you can’t go wrong with Baked Pumpkin Donuts!
The possibilities are endless! Not to mention if you are making your own pumpkin pie!





What you need,

3 tbsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1½ tsp. ground all spice
1½ tsp. ground cloves

Mix all the spices together.
Store your fancy homemade Pumpkin Pie spice in an airtight container.





How easy was that?

Nothing tastes more like fall than pumpkin pie spice.

Happy Weekend Everyone‼


Jen

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good combo! I heartily approve of lots of cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete