Sunday, September 21, 2014

Stove Top Chicken Fingers with Creamy Cranberry Mustard Dip



There is this little dive restaurant that my in house taste tester and I really like. It is owned by this cute little lady and the staff is friendly and the food is great. We tend to go there quite often.


Anyway, whenever we go I always get the chicken fingers, they are homemade and I love them! My in house taste tester laughs at me because I always say I am going to get something different but then I ALWAYS order the chicken fingers‼
I am so predictable!


So, when I saw this recipe on Cookies and Cups site I had to make them, I am all about the chicken fingers!

What you need,

1 lb. chicken tenders
1 box Stove Top Stuffing, chicken flavored
1 egg, beaten
2 cups canola oil

In a blender or food processor pulse the Stove Top until it is fine crumbs, place them in a shallow dish and set aside.

Whisk the egg in another shallow dish and add the tenders to the egg to coat well.

Heat the canola oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat until it reaches 325 degrees.

Shake off any excess egg and dip each tender into the Stove Top crumbs. Press the crumbs onto the chicken to coat well.

Add the coated tenders to the hot oil carefully and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until the chicken is brown, crisp and cooked through.
Drain on a paper towel before serving.

I decided that since these tasty chicken fingers were coated in stuffing that they needed a cranberry dipping sauce. I came up with this really tasty creamy cranberry mustard dipping sauce. It is super simple and it tasted great.

In a bowl stir together ½ cup cranberry sauce (homemade or store bought), ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt, ¼ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup Dijon mustard. Season the sauce to your taste with salt and pepper.

Cover the sauce and refrigerate for a few hours before using. It will keep in an airtight container for at least a week!


If you are a chicken finger fiend like me you will really love this version‼

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe for the Chicken fingers from Cookies and Cups
Recipe for the sauce I whipped up on my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment