Sunday, August 16, 2015

Smoothie Pops



Sometimes breakfast is boring… Especially in the summer. It is has been too hot in the morning for toast and stuff so I have been eating mostly peanut butter cheerios, which I love but after a while you just need a switch up.


I love a smoothie in morning but sometimes I just don’t have time before work. So I thought hey, what if I could have a smoothie and a cool treat all in one go…
Hence the Smoothie Pop! All the goodness of a smoothie in Popsicle form.
This way I can eat one on the way to the bus, saving even more time on already crazy mornings!


What you need,

1 banana (I can’t say banana like a normal person anymore, all I can hear is those crazy Minion’s yelling BAAAANNNAAANA‼)
sorry I got side tracked there…
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
½ - ¾ cup milk
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. honey

In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.  Add ½ cup of milk to start, you may need to add a bit more if it is too thick.

Pour the blended smoothie mixture into the Popsicle molds and let them freeze for 4 hours or until completely frozen.


Enjoy as a cool breakfast treat or an anytime treat!
They are beyond delicious!

Enjoy!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I always throw any leftovers in a cup then it's hard to eat - this is a perfect solution! Plus yummy & great snack for this hot summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and super cute photos!

    ReplyDelete