Sunday, August 30, 2015

Reece’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies



My sister sent me a text the other day with a picture of these beauties, saying “have you gotten these yet?” 


I was like "NOOOOO!!!"

So naturally I had to run right out and buy a couple bags! Then I had to make something right away and what better than peanut butter cookies!


These cookies are beyond amazing! Soft and chewy and the little crunchy peanut buttery Reece’s Pieces are perfection.



What you need,

½ cup butter, softened (I used salted so I omitted the salt later)
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
½ cup smooth peanut butter
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups mini Reece’s pieces

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat and set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and both sugars. Mix over medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until well incorporated.
Mix in the peanut butter.
On low speed, slowly add in the flour and baking soda (plus the salt if you are using it).
Mix until the flour is just incorporated.

Roll into balls using 1 heaping tablespoon of dough.  With a fork make cross hash marks on each cookie.

Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are just starting to brown on the edges.
I like my cookies more chewy than crispy so I do mine for 9 minutes, but if you like crispier cookies cook for the full 12 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
They also freeze really well.


I just love cookies, they are my heart‼ 

These cookies are pretty darned amazing. Make them, eat them, share them with friends, you will love them!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment