Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese



The other day I had a mad hankering for Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos!  Man they are the best!

I had a bunch of left over pulled pork so I decided to make some pulled pork mac & cheese. I have never made it before but I love both pulled pork and mac & cheese so I figured it had to be a winner.


IT WAS‼ Holy goodness people, it is rich and creamy and tangy and porky and amazing!


Go make some pulled pork now; you need this in your mouth ASAP!

What you need,

2 cups pulled pork, I used this recipe

2 cups water
1 cup evaporated milk
1½ cup macaroni noodles
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. dry mustard
½ tsp. hot sauce
1½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large skillet combine the water, ½ cup of the milk, salt and the macaroni. Bring to a boil and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until the noodles are tender and the sauce is thickened. 
In a small bowl whisk together the rest of the milk, cornstarch, mustard and hot sauce.  Stir into the skillet to combine.
Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened into a creamy sauce.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Add the butter and stir to combine. 

Season the mac & cheese to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve the creamy mac & cheese with a scoop of warmed up pulled pork piled up on top.


This was just beyond good! I have no words except that I LOVED it, I am obsessed with it.

It is perfection in a bowl! Make it you won’t regret it I promise you!

Enjoy!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment