Sunday, November 4, 2012

No Bake Cookie Butter Cookies



I was so excited when my friend Tracy brought me a jar of this Speculoos Cookie Butter from Trader Joe’s in Bellingham!

I knew I wanted to bake something with it immediately.


I decided on these no bake cookies, they looked simple and I wanted to cookie butter flavor to really shine.


They turned out AH-MAZING! So easy and ridiculously tasty!
My in house taste tester loved them.

What you need,

1 ½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk (the recipe called for whole milk, I only had 1% and it worked fine)
½ cup butter (the recipe called for unsalted, but as usual I used salted)
Pinch of salt (I left this out because of the salted butter thing!)
¾ cup cookie butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups quick cooking oats

In a large saucepan combine the sugar, milk, butter and salt if you are using it. Heat over medium high until it reaches a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Once it is boiling let it go for 1 full minute without stirring.

Remove from the heat and stir in the cookie butter and vanilla until smooth.  Fold in the oats.

Drop by the heaping tablespoon onto wax paper. Let the cookies cool completely.


There you have it simple and delicious!
Cookies made with Cookie Butter, who would have thought!

Jen

11 comments:

  1. Love that first photo with the cookie tower on top of the jar! And these look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy these are soooo good. I added a 1/4 teaspoon of maple extract and a dash of cinnamon. To die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my stars! Cant wait to try these!! Seriously considering getting out of bed to make them.
    .
    .
    .
    And laziness wins. But it was a very close call. Lol. I will make them tomorrow tho. Cant wait till the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! How many does this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I got about 2 dozen cookies using a heaping tablespoon of the dough!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe looks awesome, I have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard boiled 90 seconds, the cookies did not set up. I make no bake cookies alot and boil 90 seconds and they set nice. Tried with these and they wouldn't set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These were amazing! I added 1Tbsp molasses and a spice blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. They taste just like gingerbread cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these tonight and they were just alright. In my opinion they tasted way too buttery and I would definitely use less butter than the recipe calls for if I try to make them again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These were AMAZING! I went to Trader Joe's, and an employee encouraged me to try cookie butter as a free sample. I did so, fell in love on the spot, and looked for a cookie butter recipe on Pinterest. This is the one I found, and it makes me so happy! The cookie butter taste is given perfect emphasis, and the texture is wonderful. These were a hit at my sister's birthday. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete