Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins



I am still in full on pumpkin mode.  Soon enough it will be over, so I really want to cram as many pumpkin baked goods into my face as I can.


Anytime there is cream cheese in the title of a recipe I am all over it.


These muffins are perfect. They are moist and cakey and they have just the right amount of tangy cream cheese.

What you need,
 
This recipe will make 24 muffins, I made 12 and then I used the rest to make a mini loaf!

For the Filling,
1 8oz package cream cheese, slightly softened
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. brown sugar

For the Muffins,
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cups pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.

Mix the filling by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla and brown sugar, mix until smooth.
Set aside.

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.  In a separate bowl combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix to combine.

Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined, do not over mix.

Use a large scoop to evenly distribute the batter between the prepared muffin tins.

Place about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto the top of each muffin; try not to touch the paper liners.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Remove the muffins from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack.


You can store the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.


I could eat these all day, they make a great breakfast or a snack they are even a great dessert after dinner.

I heart pumpkin!

Jen

Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction

1 comment: