Wednesday, March 4, 2015

OMG Best Crockpot Chicken Ever!



I have seen this recipe ALL over the Pinterest! It seems like everyone has made it, so I thought it was time I gave it a try.

It claims to be the BEST ever, it is really very good, I don’t know about best ever. but it is a cinch to make, which is awesome, for sure one I am going to keep on file.


I am going to give you the original recipe, this is how I made it, but I am going to give a few tips at the end that I am going to do next time, I think it will make it even better‼


What you need,

2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch pieces
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1 packet. dry Italian dressing mix
1 8oz block cream cheese, cut into cubes

In a slow cooker combine the soup, the ranch and Italian dressing packets and the cubed cream cheese. Stir to combine. Add the chicken and stir to coat.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours. I stirred the mixture twice during cooking, about 3 hours in and about 1 hour before it was done. This helped smooth out the cream cheese.

Serve over noodles or rice with a nice salad.


Like I said this chicken was really good. I was a bit concerned that it called for the whole packet of both the ranch and Italian dressing. I felt like it might be too strong. I was right; it was a little overpowering, and a bit salty.  Next time I am going to use a tablespoon of each seasoning mix instead of the whole package, I think this will be plenty of spice.
Also the mixture ended up being very thick, which was fine but it was a bit rich. I think adding about ½ cup or so of chicken broth or even lower fat milk at the beginning of the cooking would help thin the mixture out a bit.

Other than that it was really really great! I love that I can get it ready the night before then right before running off to work I can toss it in the slow cooker and when I get home dinner is all ready, you can’t go wrong with that!

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe from all over Pinterest!

14 comments: