Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Chewy Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars with Almonds & Raisins


I loved these breakfast bars so much that I made them again! This time I used almonds and raisins. They were amazing!


What you need,

¼ cup butter
¼ smooth peanut butter
½ cup honey
2/3 cup brown sugar
3½ cups oats, I used quick cook because it is what I had
2 cups rice cereal
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup raisins
¾ cup raw almonds, chopped into rough pieces
½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Like a 9X13 inch baking pan with parchment paper, spray lightly with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl stir together the oats, rice cereal, raisins and almonds.

In a small saucepan combine the butter, peanut butter, honey and brown sugar. Heat over medium until the mixture comes to boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla.

Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine well.  Press the mixture evenly into the pan and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Press the chips lightly to make them stick.

Cool in the fridge for an hour or 2 before cutting into bars.  I got 12 bars.  I wrapped them each in saran wrap then put them all into a large zip top bag. I kept them in the fridge until I was ready to toss them into my lunch bag. 


Both my in house taste tester and I both love taking one of these bars to eat mid-morning at work. They are so easy and you have to do is grab one and go.

I hope you all love these tasty bars as much as I do!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment