Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Creamiest Shells & Cheese



I don’t need to tell you again about my love for all things mac and cheese.  So I will just tell you about how amazing these Shells and Cheese are!


First up they are super simple! Second they really are the creamiest ever!  I used to make shells and cheese when I was in high school, but I just tossed some Velveeta into a pot of cooked shells and called it a day. I have been working on this recipe for a long time and I can say I have it perfected!


You need a few more things than just shells and cheese…
In fact you don’t even really need shells! I had full intentions of using shell pasta but I starting digging through my cupboards and realized I didn’t have any‼  Not a big deal, I just used these cute curly cue pastas and they were delicious!


What you need,
For 2 servings

1½ cups dry pasta, shells or whatever you like
½ cup (4oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
½ cup (4oz.) grated sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup milk (I used 1% because it is what I had)
1 tbsp. butter
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large pot of salted boiling water cook your pasta as directed. When the pasta is cooked drain and set the pasta aside for a minute.

Put the pot back on the stove over medium heat and add the butter and milk. Add the Velveeta cheese and stir until it is melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese until melted. Add the pasta back to the pot and stir to coat in the sauce.

Season the mixture with salt and pepper to your taste.


There you have it, the creamiest shells (or whatever pasta) and cheese ever! The Velveeta defiantly makes the pasta creamy but the addition of the butter and milk make for a really smooth sauce. The cheddar cheese adds a really good kick of cheese flavor that the Velveeta needs. It really is amazing!

I could seriously eat this every single day!

Enjoy!

Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment