Sunday, March 22, 2015

Kate’s Crockpot Chicken Parmesan



I am always on the lookout for a great crockpot recipe. My sister told me about this recipe she has been making for a while now that her husband loves! If a man loves it then I knew it had to be a good one!


This simple recipe is absolutely delish, I loved it too!

I browned up the chicken prior to putting it in the crockpot because that is what my sister told me to do but if you were in a hurry you could skip this step, I am sure it would be just as good!


What you need,

2 large chicken breasts cut into 4 pieces each
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. seasoning salt
¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 yellow onion, cut into a large dice
1 jar of your favourite spaghetti sauce (I used Classico Roasted Tomato & Garlic)
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

Pasta for serving

In a large skillet heat the oil over medium high heat.  Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper. Brown the chicken on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown, but not cooked through.

In the crockpot stir together the jar of sauce and the onion.

Place the browned chicken pieces into the sauce and use a spoon to make sure all the pieces are covered with the sauce.

Place the lid on the crockpot and cook for 5-6 hours on low heat. You could do it on high for 3-4 hours.

The chicken should easily shred apart with a fork when it is done. The actual time will depend on your crockpot, mine is small and older so it takes the full 6 hours!

When the chicken is cooked, take the lid off the crock pot and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top and put the lid back on to let the cheese melt.

Serve over the pasta of your choice, I used fettuccine, but anything you like would work.


I added a Caesar salad and some herb toast and it was the perfect dinner.

Thanks Kate for a winner of a dinner! I will be making this one again for sure‼

Jen

Recipe from my sister Kate

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I'm always looking for good crockpot recipes too, and it's nice to see one with chicken for a change! Definitely trying this one out.

    ReplyDelete