Sunday, January 21, 2018

Curly Fries


I used my spiralizer again! I am kind of obsessed. Of course, this time it had to be curly fries! 

I pulled out the deep fryer and got to work.
They were easy you just have to plan a bit in advance because the potatoes need to soak awhile in cold water.

I found an Arby’s copy cat recipe and adapted it a bit, it was very tasty, just a very light batter. Which was more of a vessel to hold on the seasonings on the fries than a real batter.

The fries were crisp and delicious!



What you need,

2 large russet potatoes, spiralized
1 ½ cup flour
3 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. season salt
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp cayenne
1½ tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups water
3L vegetable oil for frying

After you have spiralized your potatoes soak them in large bowl of cold water in the fridge for a couple of hours. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
Drain the potatoes 30 minutes before frying and let them dry on a clean tea towel.
It is important that the potatoes are really dry.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, paprika, season salt, salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder. 
Heat your oil in deep fryer or large heavy bottomed pot to 375 degrees.
Dip the potatoes in the batter and then place them on a wire rack over a sheet pan to drain. You don’t want too much batter on the fries, just a nice light coating.
Let them drain for 10 minutes while your oil heats up.
When you are ready to fry, place half the fries in the pot or fryer and gently move them around with some tongs to prevent sticking. Cook for 5-6 minutes until golden and crisp. 
Drain on another wire rack over another sheet pan.  You can keep the first batch warm in a 250-degree oven while you cook the second batch of fries.



I will be making these again for sure! I want to try a baked version next time, I don’t want to have to use the deep fryer all the time! I mean it was nice, but you know!

I whipped up a copy cat Arby’s Beef & Cheddar sandwich to go with my curly fries and it was amazballs! I will share the recipe next week.

Enjoy!

Jen






2 comments:

  1. Oh man, those look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful to you for your post, I look for such article along time, today I find it finally. this post give me piles of provoke it is to a great degree supportive for me. βίζα Καναδά

    ReplyDelete